Look who's here!

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Dear Vodaphone-A Love Letter


Dear Vodaphone,

I have just gotten out of a bad relationship so I’m sure you’ll understand why I’m a bit hesitant to get into another relationship so soon but I’ve been watching you for a while and I like what I’ve seen, so far. I hope you don’t find me too forward but I am the type of woman who goes after what she likes. People have been telling me about you for years, many of my friends like you a lot and they think that we are compatible.

My last beau, Turkcell, was more concerned with exploiting people and perpetuating negative stereotypes than furthering the cause of an informed enlightened world community. How shortsighted and selfish!! We slowly grew apart. I’ve learned (I have my sources, you know) that you are forward thinking and promote diversity. I would love to talk about this further! Is it true that you said your “vision is to have an inclusive culture which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of the diversity of your people?” That is so attractive to me! You are surely the opposite of my ex! I can’t wait to hear you softly whisper to me your ideology regarding ethical business practices and responsibility-I have chills already! Oh, please don’t think I’m naughty! It’s just so exciting to know you and I look forward to our future together. There definitely is a “world of difference” between you and that irresponsible, unethical creep I spent three years with!

You may ask why it took so long, why I spent so much time in such a destructive, abusive relationship. Well, it wasn’t always like that. In the beginning, Turkcell was a little silly but it was one of the things that I found endearing. Oh, there were promises broken and a few indiscretions but I always looked the other way because I really wanted to make the relationship work. It wasn’t until the “cannibal ad” debacle that I began to see Turkcell in an honest light. Turkcell is now free to go on abusing whomever they choose-without me. Turkcell showed me that they didn’t really care about me, anyway. Yes, I was just another proverbial notch on the Turkcell belt but I feel that you are different. Please tell me that you are different, Vodaphone! I can’t spend my future years in a relationship with another insensitive, irresponsible racist!

Well, I have poured out my heart to you. I hope it wasn’t too much too soon but I get the feeling that we have the same ideals-the same heart.

With all my love,

Aundreta Conner Farris

3 comments:

  1. Vodaphone is a mobile phone company here in Turkey. This is a follow-up to a response I gave to another mobile phone company (Turkcell) for running an offensive ad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read the previous post. Love you, Learning Love!

    ReplyDelete